The mission of the Office of Enterprise Risk Management (OERM) is to administer the risk management and insurance programs for the University.
Our responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist departments with insurance and risk management needs.
- Determine adequacy of coverage.
- Facilitate tracking of insurance claims.
- Review insurance policies and present reports.
- Identify and analyze loss exposures.
- Consult with departments on loss control and insurance issues.
- Examine loss records, review legal contracts, and address safety and risk issues.
- Review projects and programs for potential risks.
- Make recommendations to minimize or eliminate risks, injuries, or property loss.
- Implement and monitor risk management programs.
- Administer the institution’s risk management information system (RMIS).