Level 1 Mandatory Annual Training and MVR Check
All Kennesaw State University (KSU) employees must complete the Mandatory Vehicle Operator Training on an annual basis. This online course requires less than 30 minutes to complete and satisfies the State of Georgia requirement for basic annual training.
The Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Request form included in this training module only needs to be submitted once to the Office of Insurance and Risk Management. There is no need to resubmit this form unless you have a change in your Georgia License (name or number), obtain a NEW Georgia license, or change the driver status on your license.
To take the course online go to OwlTrain and log in with your NetID and Password.
- Go to View Learning Plan at the top of the page.
- Look for Mandatory Vehicle Operator Training
**Note – the due date showing is not correct, it changes based on system updates.
- Click on Launch to start the training.
- Make sure you go through the entire training
- At the end of the training it will state “You have successfully Completed the Mandatory Vehicle Operator Training”
- Click on Exit at the top of the training module in order to mark the training complete
- Print a Certificate of Completion for your records, if you wish to do so.
- For technical issues and support contact the UITS Service Desk at 470.578.6999 or email@example.com
Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Request Form – Georgia License Only
- As a State Agency, KSU is required to review a copy of every employee’s Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) report annually. The form provided is from the Georgia Department of Driver Services (DDS) and is required for KSU to request your Georgia MVR report from DDS directly.
- Complete this form in full, print, sign, and date where indicated.
- Send the original form via interoffice mail to:
KSU Office of Insurance & Risk Management (IRM)
Mail Drop 3603
- You will be notified by email if you do not qualify to operate a vehicle on behalf of KSU.
- If you have a Georgia license, but your address or name has changed, you have 60 days to apply for a replacement license showing the correct information (See O.C.G.A. §40-5-33)
Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) Request Form – Out-of-State Driver's Licenses
If you currently have an out-of-state driver’s license, Human Resources will need to run your MVR. To submit an out-of-state MVR Request to HR please complete the Out of State MVR Request Form, PLEASE read this form completely and follow the instructions.
- Forward the form to HR via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- HR will input your information into their system and you will receive an automatic email from email@example.com, with a link to complete the electronic background consent form.
- DO NOT send forms to Risk Management. HR will notify Risk Management when they receive the MVR.
- If you have an out-of-state license and you are a resident of Georgia, you must obtain a Georgia driver’s license within 30 days of establishing residence (See O.C.G.A. § 40-5-20)